This policy includes information about how we deal with complaints, and what to do if you are dissatisfied with the way Nextt is handling your complaint.
Nextt Complaints Policy: Nextt is committed to ensuring that all consumers, participants, their families, carers and/or advocates are free to raise a complaint, to have their complaint dealt with promptly, fairly and in a non-threatening manner and to have their complaint resolved if possible.
Nextt recognises that consumers, participants, their families, carers and/or advocates may feel vulnerable when making a complaint and negotiating a resolution. This feeling of vulnerability can be compounded for people with special needs, so this policy is written within this context.
To ensure that Nextt Group’s treatment of complaints is fair, Nextt Group is committed to the following principles:
• Complaints are viewed positively by us and are a vital component of our commitment to continuous improvement.
• Consumers/Participants, their families, carers and/or advocates have the right to raise any complaints or concerns regarding any matter related to services provided by Nextt, and to have their concerns investigated and resolved fairly and quickly;
• Consumers/Participants, their families, carers and/or advocates raising a complaint can do so without fear of retribution;
• Consumers/Participants, their families, carers and/or advocates wishing to raise a complaint can do so at any level in the organisation;
• Consumers/Participants, their families, carers and/or advocates have the right to be informed about the internal and external avenues open to them to raise their concerns, and how their complaint will be handled by Nextt;
• The complaints process shall be client oriented, culturally aware, accessible, timely, efficient, and confidential;
• Consumers/Participants have the right to have a friend or advocate support them in raising their concerns; and
• Complaint handling shall, whenever possible, focus upon improving existing services.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require translation services or have any questions or concerns about the above.
Next Group’s policy is to follow its seven step procedure for complaint handling to:
• Resolve a client or stakeholder complaint as quickly as possible at the local level including authenticating the complainant (because there may be privacy issues);
• Take immediate action where there appears to be a high risk of harm, neglect or abuse (ie a Red or Amber issue);
• Acknowledge complaints in writing within 24 hours of receipt (preferably same day and always the same day if Red or Amber issue),
• Call the complainant or support person or stakeholder within 48 hours of acknowledgement to update progress;
• Resolve complaints within seven calendar days (Red or Amber issues are required to be resolved urgently with daily review of progress); and
• Document complaints internally and report to external bodies where required (eg Government).
If a complainant is not satisfied with the way the Nextt Group is handling their complaint, the following external contacts are available for funded services: